The Old Prince Waleans Association (OPWA), Washington DC Metropolitan Area, has been in existence since 1988. It holds regular meetings at 6:00 p.m. on the second Saturday of the month at Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 7410 New Hampshire Avenue, Takoma Park, Maryland 20912. Based on needs, OPWA has undertaken many projects to assist the Prince of Wales School (POW). These projects include:
- Science equipment valued at over five thousand dollars
- New Band Instruments and Music Sheets for the entire School Band
- Assortment of Art Supplies
- Several Desktop Computers for the Computer Laboratory
- About 500 each of School Ties and Coat Badges for students
- Large consignment of Stationery and Supplies (Notebooks, Pens, Pencils, Chalk, Blackboard Erasers, etc.)
- Athletic Shields, Trophies, Plaques, and Hundreds of Medals
- Calculators and other items (for Speech Day Prizes)
- Annual bonus to staff.
- Eleven  Scholarships were awarded to students at the Prince of Wales School for the 2010-12 School Year for the Davidson Nicol, Samuel Claye and Omar Kuyateh Scholarship Funds. Seven  of these awards were privately funded by Princewaleans.
- 2013 – Purchase of the world's first solar printing device, the Risolar Solar Powered Printer/Copier valued at $4,500 for the solar powered computer lab.
OPWA operates in cooperation with the New Jersey, Georgia, Southern California, United Kingdom and Ireland, and the Sierra Leone Chapters. Under combined efforts of the chapters, the following projects have either been completed or are in progress:
- Awarded several Scholarships to students at the Prince of Wales School.
- Purchased chairs for every student in the school
- Established a state-of-the-art Solar-Powered Computer Laboratory at the School, equipped with thirteen  new laptop computers
- Established and maintained a Staff Salary Revolving Fund
- Supplemental Financial Assistance to two (2) recent graduates of Prince of Wales School pursuing studies at the Leadership Academy in South Africa
- Complete refurbishing of all buildings at the Prince of Wales School, starting with the historic Assembly Hall
- Annual bonus to staff.
Since 2006, the alumni associations of the Prince of Wales School have jointly held a Global Conference, convened successively each year in Maryland, New Jersey, Georgia, California, Sierra Leone the United Kingdom, on September 1, 2012 in Maryland again. Discussions at these Conferences have focused on ongoing and upcoming projects, and the individual and collective efforts of the various Chapters, so as to ensure proper coordination and avoid project duplication or overlap.
Every former student of the Prince of Wales School (Princewalean) is eligible and urged to seek membership in OPWA or any of the other chapters. To initiate membership in OPWA please contact us.