A Brief History of the Prince of Wales School

The Prince of Wales School (POW) was formally established in Freetown, Republic of Sierra Leone on April 6, 1925 to foster science education and studies in modern languages. Officially inaugurated by His Royal Highness, The Prince of Wales, the School marked a turning point in the advancement of a balanced secondary education in Sierra Leone.

Since its inception, POW has demonstrated with consistency, an affinity for excellence in education by providing comprehensive and high quality education at the secondary school level. Numerous alumni of POW have served admirably in positions of trust, altruism and responsibility in Sierra Leone and in the international community.